Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hypomania! Hypomania! Hypomania!

What is that? Well, it is a toned down version of the mania that we feel. I don't have great moments of grandose or hallucinations, no voices, but the thoughts are racing, my fingers are flying and I am pacing. My list of things to do is a mile long and I am doing everything I can to avoid my manic triggers - the main one is SHOPPING! My husband took away my credit cards and atm card, per my request, but I caught myself yesterday, getting around that by digging out that dusty old check book and writing myself a check. Can you believe it? I don't even have the control to keep from getting the money. Really the only safe way is to stay in my house and not go anywhere. Funnel the energy and urges into productive things...my mother would say to clean, but that is just not my thing. Instead I am writing and on Facebook trying to make a go at my business. I am still having a hard time because my mind changes direction before I even finish typing a sentence. OK. Refocus. I have things to do, parties to book and a party to prep for....so there I am hyper....Lets add some coffee to it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment