Monday, February 7, 2011

onionmania

Onionmania, you say? It actually is the addiction to shopping and I have it, bad. Asked anyone around me. I begged my husband to take away my debit cards and then snuck behind his back and wrote a check for cash. I can't control it. They say that is the way with addiction, but I am not going to just sit back and let this thing rule me. I am capable and should be able to leave my house without being afraid of my car turning into a shopping parking lot "against my will." So today, I am starting a 12 step program. I guess it is a lot like that for AA but we will focus on shopping. I hooked up with this website that has a support group on it and invited friends and family and even my therapist to watch me grow. It's called http://www.dailystrength.org. I'm under the shoppaholic group. So once a week I am going to come on here and answer questions that this one woman posts that goes with each step. It's gonna be brutal and honest. So be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment